The Roller coaster...

I try to make everyday a good day.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Why I know everything will be okay...

Well. I'm in Jacksonville. On the way here as I usually do on long trips, I set my iPod to random. Sometimes a song comes on that I just start jammin out to and other times I wonder why the song is even on my iPod. But, in some cases a song comes on that really makes you think. "Draw Me Close" came on and I really got the feeling that everything is going to be okay. I had six hours to meditate on the year that just passed. During those six hours, many reflections came to my mind.

The year 2011 was filled with many challenges and many moments where God showed himself. I was struggling in school in the beginning of the semester and it took me by surprise that I was able to pull of the grades that I did. That was only a minor challenge however. We lost somebody very close and his presence will always be felt. The loss brought a community together and I was able to see the love that was shown by so many. The whole year brought me closer to God and closer to trusting him fully. 2012 starts me with a whole new town, a whole new venture, and a whole new experience. I know God is working in me and after such a difficult yet productive year of 2011, I can't help but wonder what God has in store.

My New Years Resolution is to keep up the relationships that I have established. It is hard being far away from the people I love, but I know that everything is playing out because it is meant to be. Have you decided on a resolution? Find one, make it your top priority and challenge yourself to fullfill that. The next five months will be filled with many new experiences and I know that I will learn so much.

Show love and be kind, you never know what can happen.

Love,
Chris

2 comments: